Friday, July 22, 2011

Tinkering Camp!



Ah! More beautiful photos of Tinkering Camp (ages 6-9) by Stephen Henderson. My gosh! I thought the art camp before this was the most fun I'd ever had, and then this tinkering camp came along. These were the sweetest kids ever... just looking back over these photos made my heart break because I miss them all so much! This camp was a very eye-opening experience for me. All these years I have been admiring Gever Tulley and aspiring to have a tinkering camp that could in any way match up to what he attempts and achieves with kids.... and I've been taking a stab at it, for sure, but not really having any idea how I would ever get to that level. This camp was my first taste that we could get there... really building bigger, more complicated and interesting things with kids, really taking on some mighty and exciting challenges... and it is an amazing thing to behold, as they take it all on with ease and elan. "Let us be amazed at what children can do, " as Gever says, in one of his TED talks, and I am.... each time more than the time before.










No comments: